So I’m shacking up in my room to watch the debate and hang up shelves (We Can Do It!) and burn a dope ass Apple Honey Butter candle. Btw, I downloaded this Chrome extension to enable me to watch The Great British Bakeoff (aka God’s #1 gift to all of us) from BBC, which really seemed too good to be true, and I was certain it wasn’t going to work out when I first opened the player and got a dialogue box:
“You need a television license to watch this programme. Do you have a television license?”
“Ok! Enjoy your programme!”
Literally? Like, what if you opened HBO Go and it was like, “Do you have an HBO account?” And you were like “Yes?” and it was like, “Ok enjoy HBO!”
Damn, England, Brexit really fucked with you, didn’t it?
Anyway, thoughts on the debate:
- I “purposely” had a couple of beers prior to this debate to dumb myself down.
- TBH where does Donald get his makeup bc he’s glowing
- I’m all for fat acceptance except for Donald’s stupid fat head
- Here’s a fact check of the debate: http://www.npr.org/2016/09/26/495115346/fact-check-first-presidential-debate – this is honestly all the commentary that this debate needs and it’s literally objective.
- Why is he calling her Secretary Clinton? Does he think that she’s still Secretary of State?
- “Words Matter.” YES!! I know I’m fitting into a white girl stereotype but she’s a fucking boss, I don’t care what anyone says.
- Actually I do care about what other people say – I know people have issues with Hillary for supporting the war, phrases like “Super Predators,” dumb shit like using a private email – I do take that seriously. I’m white, straight-passing, able-bodied, cisgender, etc etc, and I know that I get to say I love her without feeling negatively affected by her past actions. But gah she just has such a winning smile! I want to hug her. Also, and I shouldn’t even have to say this, but you do realize what will happen if you don’t vote for her, right? And I could go on and on about the implications of being a female politician and how many difficult (and potentially unpopular, or popular but dated, etc) decisions a woman would have to make to get to the point that Hillary has. But that’s for a different post.
- “He loves beauty contests – supporting them, and hanging around them.” She pulls no goddamned punches.
- This should have been obvious prior to starting this, but I literally can’t say anything intelligent about this debate because everything he says is a lie. What a fucking travesty that this poised woman with decades of experience under her belt has to be interrupted by a garbage filled hot dog bun for an hour and a half while half of America roots against her. UGHHHASDHFLAKSDFJLASDF;LAJDSF
- I. AM. WITH. HER.